Did I tell you that I grew a garden this year?! Last summer, I excitedly moved to an apartment with a yard, a rare find in the DC area. Of course, being the foodie and veggie lover that I am, I had to use my new yard for growing produce! And with my new garden came new recipes, like this Greek Cherry Tomato Salad.
Flash forward to today, and you’ll find my tomato and herb plants booming. (I didn’t get as lucky with my bell peppers.) I figured the best way to enjoy my new bounty was to share it at summer cookouts! At last weekend’s potluck, I decided to showcase my cherry tomatoes and parsley in a farm-to-table (or should I say, backyard-to-table) Greek Cherry Tomato Salad. With its combination of savory, salty olives and fresh, cool vegetables, this summer side salad is packed with flavor and ready to impress your next houseguests.
Serve this salad as a side dish, or pair with whole grains and protein to make a balanced meal.
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1/4 large red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1- 6 ounce can olives, drained and finely chopped
- 1- 15.5 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours to chill before serving.